Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Not a good look :-(

INDONESIA | Saturday, 25 June 2011 | Views [184]

So Saturday morning and we should have been hitting another mall for shopping but after the night before, I am worse for wear.

We over slept, missed breakfast and running late for the driver. And just as I couldn’t think my morning couldn’t get any worse. A top man from Gobey’s work has called and is heading to the hotel to meet us for coffee. I look like a bag of s##t. Gobey tells me to get showered quickly and look alive and SHARP.

I eventually made it down stairs to join the last 10minutesof the conversation. I did not want to say to much as i thought i may embarrass Gobey , plus my voice did not sound to great either. Soon the coffee was gone and Gobey was saying goodbye to his boss much to my relief. We then headed off to the shops.

I tell you now you would never have guessed I was in the car as I spent all day in the car laying down, waiting to get to the next place and get out for some fresh air.

So we get to this place where its full of just shops selling knock off blackberry’s, DVD, players you name it they will more than likely have it. But only DVD players and phones. You want a computer part or like us a wireless router – that’s   another mall. And you guessed it we went to the other mall to get the wireless router.

So the day is getting shorter and I still feel poo. So back to the hotel with a quick stop at the shop next door to see if I can eat something before we head to the airport to get our next flight to Timika.

All packed and we are now ready to head back to the airport to get on the Airfast flight. All bags checked in (bar the one we are still missing. They tell us it still has not left the UK, yet we left the UK almost 6 days ago).

Through the security check and off to find some late tea for the long flight ahead. We find that the Airfast terminal is very quiet and has no shops, but we do find a burger place.  But the catch being when we got our burgers – no meat inside!!! They had forgot to put it in the bun, So we had to wait 10mins for the burgers to be cooked. Never mind. Fed and watered again and ready to go.

This flight is almost 7 hours with 2 stops on the way. Goodbye Jakarta hello another plane!

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.