Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

Warsaw

POLAND | Sunday, 8 July 2012 | Views [646]

Wow! What a difference a few miles makes! Warsaw is much more a European city than I expected. Dominating the centre is the Palace of Culture Palace, a larger version of the on in Vilnius! From the top there are some wonderful views of the City, and a breeze which was very welcome as it was about 35Cat the time. The locals told me that the city is very quiet at present as it was only last week that the football was here and many “normal” visitors had stayed away for the duration, as will happen in London. The 2 parts of the “Old Town” the New town and the Old town, are magnificent. Rebuilt after the last war they have rebuilt as it was or rather as it would have been using modern techniques, but the result is really good! Now think what we did to rebuild Coventry! I must admit here that I did not do a lot of Visiting as it was so hot it was uncomfortable to walk far so I spent most of my “Tourist” bit viewing the city from behind air conditioned glass! I did however make my way on foot to the monument to the fallen and murdered, there are many reminder here of the past but I must say this one moved me! There is a lot of history here and it was good to be reminded of some of my school education about Chopin, Marie Curie, and as PJ. put it at school, Copperknickers! I’m going to do a few Eastern towns whilst I here and then it’s off to Poznan and Berlin!

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.