Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

And Finally

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 26 April 2013 | Views [352]

So as I did last time I have kept track of my trip and I share some of the statistics with you all!

This trip was over 113days of which I was in Europe for 91days; I stayed in 33 different places which including the nights in Benalmadena. It rained on 45 days, mostly in March and April.

I drove 8060miles, 13057kms, using 202gals, 919lts giving an average 39.87mpg or 7.04lts/100kms(I had some crap diesel in Portugal and Spain). The cheapest diesel was in Luxemburg at £1.04/lts and the most expensive at £1.46/lts in Italy. This gave an average cost of £1.24/lts and a total cost of £1141. I did not drive on 64 days and so the average mileage driven was just 71miles/day, but the longest day’s driving was 466miles on my last day from just north of Luxemburg to home.

The most expensive campsite was in Switzerland at £26 /night and the cheapest I paid for was at Tomar in Portugal at £4.80. I free camped on 3 nights and spent 3 nights in hotels; this gave me an average nightly cost, including electricity and taxes, of just over £16/night.

Total Costs, including everything, at home and on tour, was less than I spent during the equivalent days last year, when I was at home!

Next Time; Eastern Europe and on to Athens!!

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.