Existing Member?

Flight of the Commuter

Bangkok

CANADA | Friday, 11 January 2008 | Views [438] | Comments [2]

OK - so a person is waiting for me to finish (free Internet) so I will make this quick.  We arrived in Bangkok after a quick stay in Hong Kong....and got a taxi to our Hotel, the Drop Inn (thanks Karina and Christiaan - it is great).  Dropped our bags and went exploring - walking up and down the street.  We came "home" and took a long nap, and then went for Indian after a long walk at night.  Great food...and promplty fell to sleep. 

Yesterday we went to Wat Pho, home of the largest reclining/sleeping buddha - amazing to see, and walked around the grounds a bit.  We walked from the Grand Palace to Kho San road, and had a drink on a patio and spring rolls from a street vendor (yummy!) and then headed back to the hotel (this is after 7hrs of walking around) to the hotel...where I prompty fell asleep (again! yes, it is the land of naps!) until midnight when we went on search of food...not much around (Dosa King was closed) so we got ice cream from 7/11 (they are everywhere!) and a great night sleep!

Today, after our free breakfast, we are going to try to lighten our packs for our domestic flight from Bangkok to Chang Mai and try to sign up for some courses.....  Looking foward to start adventuring....

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

You should do the 3-day trek around Pai. Hard work but (was) off the beaten-track. I stayed at Kristi G/H which is cheap and quiet and recommended.

  stu Jan 12, 2008 3:27 AM

2

hey kids!!! good to hear from ya!! all is well.. i got back last nite from my epic cross country journey with the truck... was a long haul... 5000kms.. winter driving conditions.. checked into the HI hostel downtown... best hostel ever.. ( thanks Lindsay!) spent 2 1/2 days exploring the mussee de beaux arts in montreal... VERY nice show. hiked up "mount" royal.. in blustery cool wind. exhilarating !! then went out for poutine, touted and confirmed by me as the best in montreal... a heart attack on a plate.. awesome cheese curds they use, so much differant from the motezerrella used here.. finised reading vonnegut's "slapstick" and bought "bluebeard" at a used book store also by vonnegut, which i have almost finished too on my 3 flights to get back home. Regina and Caleb where there to meet me at the airport. Can't express enough how cool it is to be greeted by a 22 month old who sees you through the window while deplaneing and he starts excitedly yelling my name!!! i LOVE Caleb...... so thats my story so far... 5 more sleeps, 1 more booster shot and we're off too!!.. oh yeah and our TV died while i was away.... hmmmmmm wonder if thats an omen to "get of the damn couch" ??? love Chuck.... aka dad...

  chuck e. aka dad Jan 12, 2008 4:50 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.