Existing Member?

Penguin's World Adventures One small step for mankind, but a giant leap for a penguin!

Onwards with the Moose!

CANADA | Thursday, 30 August 2007 | Views [334]

Well I've left Nova Scotia & the Salty Bear behind now!

From halifax I flew back to Montreal & the the following day hooked up with the Moose again. We headed out of the city on the journey to our destination of Mont Tremblant.

We arrived at teh Mont Tremblant ski resort/tourist centre, which is a really tacky, 'legoland' type buildings, tourist attraction. You had the usual tourist things including costly gondola up the mountain, luge track (just like Rotorua & Queenstown, for those who've been to NZ!), kiddie bungee jump trampolines plus the usual paraphanalia of cafes/restaurants/bars ...etc that feed all the tourists. As you might be able to guess, i didn't think much of it!!! But better was to come!

We moved onto our HI hostel, just down the road near the village. This was beautiful - set on the side of a lake, in which you were able to use the canoes & kayaks & also swim in the lake - wow, how good that was!!!

The group then had a really nice pasta bolgnaise group meal, with a few galsses of red wine. Later we sat in a tipi around the fire - boy was it hot, more like a sauna. Then later a group of us went & sat on the pontoon on the lake just chatting away. Beth though decided that at about midnight it was a good time to go for a swim (fully clothed!!) - surprisingly, no one else joined her!!!

It was so greatsat by the lakeside in the moonlight, we didn't turn in for the night until 2.00am!!! What a beautiful place this was!!

The following day we left Mont Tremblant for our journey to Ottawa. On the way we called in at the Omega Wildlife Park & saw elk, buffalo, black bears, coyote & racoons, to name a few.

We then arrived at the jail & were put in our cells! In fact the HI hostel is the old jail & the dorms are the old cells - quite wierd really.

I'm staying here 3 nights, so am taking it easy. Also my back is giving me a bit of jip!! maybe too much walking & exercise. I hope a little bit of rest will help!!! I really hope so!!!

Well at least I've caught up with my journal now. When i get the opportunity I'll try to add some more photos.

Happy reading - don't get too jealous Sue!!!

Tags: Adventures

 

About penguinman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.