Existing Member?

Penguin's World Adventures One small step for mankind, but a giant leap for a penguin!

Last two days of Salty Bear

CANADA | Thursday, 30 August 2007 | Views [421]

Well after a really chilled & relaxing time in Charlottetown, PEI, I returned to Halifax & started the 2 day Salty Bear tour.

It was really great - I'll pick out a few of the highlights!

1. The new group of people were awesome!!! Some were from the 4 day trip but there were other new faces. We all got on well "as the Irish say" had a craic!

2. Peggy's Cove was pictureseque - made more atmospheric by the early morning mist.

3. Canoeing on the lake/river in Kejimkujik National Park was really special - so picturesque & peaceful, paddling into the wilds of Canada. This was followed by a refreshing swim in the lake.

4. Staying in the old, rustic farmhouse in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by apple orchards & listening to the crickets chirping.

5. A hike up the steep North Mountain at Blomidon National Park, only to get to the top & have the beautiful view of the coastline obscured by the mist rolling off the mountain/hills.

6. Free winetasting at small vineyard - 2 whites, 2 reds, a port red 7 a maple wine. All very nice & yes free!!!

7. Wandering around the picturesque town of Lunenberg.

8. Returning to Halifax & spending the night in a Blue's Bar just next to the hostel, listening to good blues, drinking good beer, eating good chicken wings & chatting(when you could in between the music) with really good new friends.

9. Miles - the really great driver/guide/friend for the 2 days with Salty Bear.

So as you can see, this was an awesome trip in Nova Scotia. something I hadn't even thought about, but it has turned out to be really brilliant. I'm so glad that Lana told me about it!!

Tags: Adventures

 

About penguinman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.