Existing Member?

Penguin's World Adventures One small step for mankind, but a giant leap for a penguin!

"Go West' as the Pet Shop Boys sing!!!

CANADA | Friday, 12 October 2007 | Views [406]

Well hi everyone again. I'm sorry that this journal is somewhat behind my actual travels - I'll try to catch up a bit!!!

I left you all leaving Winnipeg on the 2nd leg of my VIA Rail journey across Canada, going west to Vancouver. Well the journey continued to be pretty awesome, with great scenery from the viewing dome. I missed all of Saskatchewen, as it was night time when we went through that province. I'm told that's not a big loss! We eventually rolled into Jasper about 3 hours behind schedule, so after an hours break we left near 7pm - so we wouldn't see much of the Rockies as it would also be night time!! Oh well, never mind!

Having slept in the dome car overnight, I woke to early morning mist over Fraser River - which was quite a sight. The last part of the journey to Vancouver was along the river valley.

Eventually I arrived at Vancouver station after an epic trai journey across Canada. During the journey I saw beautiful, changing scenery & met so many friendly people on the train. It was an experience that I'm glad I took!!

Onwards now to the city!!!

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

About penguinman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.