Existing Member?

Peps and Pete Travels "On pleasure bent again"

Mountains and Beaches

VIETNAM | Friday, 29 June 2007 | Views [639]

From Saigon we travelled inland to the highland region of Dalat. Apparently the mountains around here are really beautiful (we did catch a glimpse of them from our bus) but we never made a special trip out to see them. We got distracted by the food and laid back living in Dalat town, and so never ventured out. It was really nice to escape the humidity for a while, even though it was still hot - when it wasn't raining - and so we just chilled out and relaxed.

From Dalat we went to Nha Trang a beach resort where, once again, we just relaxed and ate good food. We spent our time lounging on beach loungers - while I got a manicure and pedicure - and exploring a 3 block radius from our hotel. Lazy, I know - but I think that's what Nha Trang is all about!

We flew from Nha Trang to Danang where we spent one night. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be much in Danang, but we did have an excellent walk along the riverfront to the best meal of the trip so far. During the heat of the day, the place was deserted, but as evening fell, all the locals congregated on the riverfront. It was cool, we saw oldies doing Tai Chi, youngsters learining to ride bikes, teenagers promenading, parents chewing the fat and the sky was full of brightly coloured kites. That walk was one of the best experiences yet!

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.