Existing Member?

L ... I ... V ... I ... N ... Just Livin ...

BLUE SKIES

VIETNAM | Thursday, 13 March 2008 | Views [588]

Hey party people ! when i say blue skies i refer to the blue skies of Dalat in the central highlands of Vietnam . Its roughly located only a couple of hundred kilometros North of Ho Chi Minh City , but get this , it took a full 8 hours by bus to get here . No traffic jams , a couple of slow trucks here and there , it just takes a long time to go a liitle distance . The positive is you get to take in all the scenery and the villages along the way and when you have all the time in the world to just put your feet up and enjoy .

So arrived in Dalat late yesterday to some crisp mountain air , which is quite the contrast from HCMC . Its really nice to get off the tourist track a little and see the 'real' Vietnam so to speak . The people up here remind me of the country people in general , the more friendly folk . Today was spent just cruising around the lake on pushbike followed by a visit to a convent. Its basically just a nice town up in the hills with a laid back attitude .

Tomorrow heading off into the countryside to visit some waterfalls , silk factory , coffee plantations and some other stuff so will update yall later with how it all went .

Hope your all smiling and the world is smiling right back at ya !

Till next time ... Chao for now !  

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.