Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

Week ending 10/02/2013 Albany (Emu Point)

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 10 February 2013 | Views [844]

This week Marg got a job at the Albany Hospital in Medical Records and to celebrate we had dinner in the Big Bus which is very luxurious with full sized fridge, a very swish kitchen, and swivel reclining chairs bolted to the floor. It took them 18 months to deck it out.

On Saturday I went to the Princess Royal Sailing Club to see if I could take part in a race as a crew member but they already had their full compliment (at least thats what they said when they knew I didnt have any experience!), so I ended up on the rescue come starter boat, coordinating the race starts, putting up the flags and noting down the winners, and it was very pleasant, floating around in the harbour and seeing Albany from the water.

Princess Royal Sailing Club, Albany

On Sunday Marg and Don gave me a lift with my bike to the Sandalwood Factory just out of Albany and I attended a gonging meditation session in a cone shaped room (like a teepee) with sandalwood infusion and large gongs which resonate around the room. It was so relaxing I fell asleep, before my ride back to town in a head wind.

Princess Royal Sailing Club, Albany

Princess Royal Sailing Club, Albany

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.