Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

Week Ending 03/02/2013 Albany (Emu Point)

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 3 February 2013 | Views [234]

Moving house went very smoothly, nothing like moving house in the conventional sense. As planned I rode off to work Wednesday morning and rode home to my new neighborhood, which is actually cheaper and far superior to the old one with beautiful gardens, lovely covered BBQ setting and so close to the beach I can hear the waves from my bed. 

After being in my new home for 1 day I had my 3rd chance meeting with my 2 German friends, Uli and Susanne, who decided to visit Albany and, after checking out all the caravan parks coincidentally decided on the one I was now living in at Emu Point! We had BBQs together and on the Saturday night got free tickets to Verdi's Rigoletto opera in the new Albany Entertainment Centre on the foreshore, simulcast from Perth, which we really loved, singing all the way home with the 3 of us perched up high in the front of their hire campervan. This was my first incling of their fine singing voices!

I met Marg and Don in the caravan park on the Saturday. They drive the biggest motor vehicle I have ever seen, a huge Greyhound bus which they have converted to a motor home, towing a 4wd behind. Don has a job with the roads until May and Marg is looking for work so I offered to see if there was any more room at the hospital.

On Sunday morning 2 neighbours including Don from the Big Bus, kindly helped me put up my awning and I after that I had a lazy day playing ukulele and swimming at the beach where I met Colin and Sue who invited me to join them volunteering as sailing crew at the Princess Royal Yacht club the following weekend.

We had a yummy vegetarian farewell BBQ dinner for Uli and Susanne with a great chance to hear their fantastic voices experienced in acapella singing, even recording some on my iphone. One of the best things about travelling is definitely the great people you meet, and one of the hardest is saying goodbye to them. Auf Wiedersehen!

 

 

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.