Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

23/06/2013 Tom Price (FC #5)

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 23 June 2013 | Views [923] | Comments [1]

Awoke at 6.15am and made a mad dash up the hill again to see a spectacular sunrise. Then headed back to camp to boil some water on my fire for a shower. The blue rubber mat Steve gave me came in handy as my outdoor shower mat. Did some clothes washing and cooked yummy bacon and eggs for breakfast. It was a very peaceful morning, in complete silence except for the birds and the crackle of the fire. I can't remember the last time I was in such a quiet place. Thought about staying another night but rain forecast and 3 car loads of visitors convinced me it was time to go.

Headed back out along the track, this time much more confident and Lo Range(r) was my new best friend. The views were spectacular!!

On the way back from Bobs Swim

Wild Flowers Bobs Swim

Got to Tom Price the mining town early afternoon. Bought a single burner gas stove with griller and 4 cans of gas for $20 at Coles. What a bargain! 

Tried the free camp at RIP Lookout but it felt a bit creepy with RIP messages on stones all around the perimeter so camped at Halfway Bridge south of Tom Price instead. Heading off to Karijini NP tomorrow. 

Bobs Swim Sunrise

Bobs Swim Sunrise

Tags: pilbara, tom price, western australia

Comments

1

Pretty amazing sunset, have to enter that photo in some sort of competition . Danny

  Danny Jul 1, 2013 8:37 PM

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.