Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

24/06/2013 Tom Price (FC #6)

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 24 June 2013 | Views [807]

 

Unfortunately today was one of those days when nothing seems to go right. Woke up to light rain so headed off into Tom Price early to see what the road to Mount Nameless was like (for the views) but the first part of the road was mud and slush so by the time I got to the steep section I decided to retreat. Unfortunately my beloved Pearl had turned into a complete shade of Pilbara mud brown, but nothing that a good wash wouldn't fix. 
 
Booked in for a tour of the Tom Price mine and tried to squeeze in a car wash at the caravan park but ended up missing the tour bus by a few seconds. Oh well. 
 
Had a nice hot shower for $2 at the visitor centre then watched the prerequisite safety DVD about the mine railway access road to Karratha and got my permit as I was considering this as my next stop after Karijini, only to find that while I was watching the DVD that the road had just been closed due to the bad weather. Oh well. 
 
Thought about heading out to Karijini and started off down the road but the weather had really set in so turned around and decided to camp near Tom Price until the weather improved.
 
Found a free camp, near Tessa and ?, a young couple I met at Yardie Creek in the Cape Range NP and their new companions Leo and Annie, riding around Australia on motor bikes.
 
Had another go at rigging up my tarp shelter at the back of the car and tried out my new stove for an early dinner. In bed with a long hot chocolate and my book by 6.30 pm as it was pitch black and raining. 

Tags: pilbara, tom price, western australia

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.