Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

22/06/2013 Bobs Swim Waterhole (FC #4)

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 22 June 2013 | Views [1597] | Comments [1]

Bruce and Janine think they have mechanical trouble with their campervan. Ross went to help. 

Spectacular drive to Paraburdoo. Stopped a lot to take photos. Greens and browns, pinks and reds, irregular shaped hills. Some wildflowers appearing on the side of the road. 
 
On the way to Paraburdoo
 
On the way to Paraburdoo
 
On the way to Paraburdoo
 
Went to Supermarket in Paraburdoo and water and fuel top up. Tried to access Radio Hill lookout where there is a mine but decided against going through the gate due to signs. Headed off towards Tom Price and took a detour to Bobs Swim Waterhole 25km off the main road along a 4WD track (thanks to Alan for the tip).
 
A very long train from the mines past me on the way.
 
Ore Train on the way to Bobs Swim
 
On the way to Bobs Swim
 
I found the track a bit challenging in places but pushed on and arrived in plenty of time to collect firewood and admire the beautiful colors in the gorge as the sun went down. 
 
Bobs Swim Waterhole
 
Bobs Swim Waterhole
 
Reported my arrival via 1bar of phone reception at the top of the hill then cooked my dinner on the open fire. 
 
Bobs Swim Telephone Hill
 
White cockatoos surveyed the scene from a nearby tree. Slept on my car bed which is very comfortable and cosy. Enjoyed the peace and quiet as I was the only camper there.
 
Bobs Swim Camp
Bobs Swim Waterhole

Bobs Swim Waterhole

Tags: pilbara, western australia

Comments

1

some nice photos there Pauline and car looks very clean, did you wash it

  danny Jul 1, 2013 8:34 PM

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.