Existing Member?

The world through my eyes If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done!

Road trip

CANADA | Sunday, 23 September 2007 | Views [987] | Comments [3]

Here's the truck that I drove to Tyax.  It's name is big red.  It's also known as the faff wagon because things often go wrong with it.  Fun to drive!

Here's the truck that I drove to Tyax. It's name is big red. It's also known as the faff wagon because things often go wrong with it. Fun to drive!

Wow, I can't believe a whole week has passed already! We've been bike riding around the local trails of Whistler, got a bit lost and nearly ridden into a bear. We've also been on a monster road trip to a place called Tyax. Tyax isn't a real place, it's just a resort in the middle of nowhere. The nearest town is called Lilooet which is about 98km away, so it's proper wilderness. The roads on the way skirted around the edge of mountains, and for about 150km of the journey, they were just dirt tracks. Which made things quite interesting when it started raining! Good job we had big red. There wasn't a great deal to do in Tyax other than walk, row boats on the lake and play table tennis when the weather wasn't so good. I'd forgotten how much I love table tennis. It was nice to see some real wilderness, and good to have come back without being eaten by a grizzly bear or cougar. We're back in Whistler now and the weather's starting to feel increasingly wintery, which is making us feel like it might be time to head south soon. We'll give it another week and see how it goes. Love to you all!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi Paul

Great to come home and read that you are having such a good time. Been down to Devon on Yamaha to join Mum for a couple of of days. I had a hairy time 4x4 Land Rover driving at Castle Combe before I went. Scary!!! Big Red looks a lot of fun. looking forward to your next episode. lots of love.

  Dad Sep 24, 2007 6:21 AM

2

Hi Paul. Your dad sent your details on to me. looks like your having a good time. Enjoy it.

Your cousin from Devon

  BEN BYROM Sep 24, 2007 10:29 PM

3

That truck just appeared on the Dirt website! Hope you're looking after Billy and Victor, it sounds like the bastards are having a great time.

  ed Sep 27, 2007 2:01 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.