Existing Member?

The world through my eyes If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done!

An unexpected ending.

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 25 October 2008 | Views [602]

This entry is one which I've no idea how to make.  I'd like to carry on with the blog, but can't do so without some kind of explanation for the abrupt ending of the story 'til now.

Perhaps my reasons for writing this part of the story are selfish, but it seems wrong to continue a travel diary without giving a reason why the picture isn't the same anymore, and half of it is missing.

As you are all too painfully aware now, the part of the story which has been untold is that of Lisa's illness.

During our travels, Lisa became unwell.  By February, we both realised that we needed to return home, for the comfort of familiar surroundings and the support of family and friends.

Lisa and I tried to start afresh here in the UK.  Returning to work and finding a new place to live.

Sadly, our environment and the endless love and support of our families and friends couldn't help Lisa from being overwhelmed by her condition.  Lisa's life here ended on a sunny day in June, and all of us now left behind will forever miss the special kind of sunshine that Lisa brought to our lives.

We all now have to have to figure out a way of carrying on with life, whilst retaining the wonderful memories and lessons we have learned from this beautiful lady.

For me, the only thing I can think to do now is to complete our trip, and remember Lisa with every beautiful sea view or inspirational sunrise.  Hoping all the while that Lisa will be watching over me, and all of us.

So, keep an eye on this diary when you have the time please.  I am heading back to Melbourne on December 1st 2008.  The day after Lisa's birthday.

Love to you all.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.