Existing Member?

The world through my eyes If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done!

Road trip stage 1 Christchurch-Dunedin

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 4 January 2008 | Views [730] | Comments [1]

The botanic garden is huge and really pretty with different section of plants from all over the place.

The botanic garden is huge and really pretty with different section of plants from all over the place.

So, we finally got on our merry way for stage 1 of the road trip and, so far it's been sooo good!

we've headed south to Dunedin, but in a rather indirect way.  Rather than tracing the coast, we went inland a bit and took in some beautiful mountainous scenery and pretty lakes.

On our first night we stayed on the banks of lake Tekapo which was super peaceful and surrounded by snow capped mountains.

The next day we hit the road and saw maori paintings in Twizel, blue eyed penguins in Oamaru and today we made it to Dunedin, saw the art gallery, the museum and the botanic gardens.  Now we're going to catch a movie before hitting the road again tomorrow.  Better Go!

By the way, I've added a photo gallery for this stage, so you can see what we've been up to.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Hope the rest of the journey on the road goes well. I like the idea of doing bus trips from Christchurch. I wondered if NZ would say we were too old but I have heard of a man from Southampton who is 102 is emigrating to NZ today because he has heard the fly-fishing is good.

Lots of love

  Mum and Dad Jan 5, 2008 10:08 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.