Existing Member?

Europe

Hike along the coast

PORTUGAL | Saturday, 16 February 2008 | Views [417]

Today I spent walking along the cliffs and beaches along the coast here.  The water is clear blue and the beaches are really soft sand.  There are hiking trails all along this area for miles and miles.  As soon as I got up this morning, I left to start walking along them and once in a while I stopped to write a little bit or take some pictures, but I just kept going and came home around sunset.  It was some of the most beautiful scenery Iºve ever seen and Iºll put pictures of it up soon.  The wind was strong, so it was cold on the beaches and the waves were too big to swim, but it was REALLY warm when the cliffs blocked the wind so I if the wind  stops tomorrow Iºll definitely go swimming.  Itºs so beautiful here, Iºm so glad I came. There are little coves and the water is so bright blue, and I wish I could describe it with words, but I know even PICTURES wonºt give the same effect as I experienced today.  The chilly wind blew the smell of ocean water, which I had forgotten about and I loved it. 

This place is supposed to be known for windsurfing and such because of all the wind, and I saw a little of that at the big beach across the canal.  Maybe I will go watch that tomorrow if itºs still windy.  If not, Iºll be in the water of one of these little beaches because I canºt stand not swimming in it any longer!

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

About pamelaglosson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.