Existing Member?

Galah-travels We live in Central Australia and are travelling around India and Nepal. Please only post general comments - do not include names or contact details of other people.

Cricket and Gardens

INDIA | Saturday, 7 April 2007 | Views [1015] | Comments [2]

Penguin bin at Hanging Gardens, Mumbai

Penguin bin at Hanging Gardens, Mumbai

Wandered around Mumbai city area, Chowpatty Beach and the Hanging Gardens on Malabar Hill. The gardens were lovely - an opportunity to sit on some grass and relax away from the hustle and bustle. We had to help the taxi driver taking us back to Colaba today, he was a very young and shy guy and somehow we knew where to go better than he did! We must have been in Mumbai too long. The gardens had "penguin-bins" (see photo). I have no idea what penguins are doing in Mumbai. This one wanted its picture taken with my hat on.

There is plenty of cricket happening on ovals all around the city. It makes me feel at home being able to walk up to people and talk about cricket. Cricket has been a big issue here with the resignation of the coach, Greg Chappel, and a bunch of Indian Cricket Board meetings to work out how to give the players a "wake-up". It takes about half the time on the cable news hour that is fed to our hotel room.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

Comments

1

Glad you are getting around Mumbai. I had the same trouble in Mumbai with numerous taxi drivers even when I show them a map & point out where we are they don't know how to read/understand a Map of Mumbai. Enjoy Tom & Kim

  Tom & Kim Gerhart Apr 9, 2007 4:48 PM

2

Hi! We are enjoying the journal and photos very much. Keep it all coming!

What a change from Central Australia it must be. We have just got back from a week in Newcastle. It was very relaxing and we got to visit friends and go to the beach. Our apartment was upgraded and so we enjoyed a massive modern kitchen and huge living room - bigger than our house. Wow!

Oh, I just realised this is a comments area, not a personal email. Sorry!

Sound like you are having a fantastic time. Can't wait for the next entry.

Love,

Cathy and Greg

  Catherine Davis Apr 13, 2007 4:35 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.