Existing Member?

Sarah Heads Down Under

Eureka Skydeck and Finally a Job

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 1 May 2012 | Views [1284]

The last couple of weeks have been much of the same. Emailing and handing out CV's without getting much response. However, a friend of mine had a trial in a cafe and gave me her managers number to call. She gave me a trial and also called me in to do a couple of shifts this week so I am pretty sure I have a job there. It's been a bit awkward how she went about hiring me. Both me and my friend had a trial and were waiting to here from the manager as to whether or not she wanted to hire us or not. Monday morning she text my friend to ask her to ask me if I could go into work. I have been working the last 3 days and my friend hasn't worked once. Feeling a bit guilty as she found the job first and gave me the contact details. 

Anyway, enough about work. Matt and I also went up the Eureka tower to the skydeck. There were beautiful views across the city and we timed it just right to catch the sunset from up there. They also sell one of the tastiest caramel shortbreads I have ever had.

Our dorm room has suffered a sad loss the last few days. Jonners, our room mate of a month had to fly back to England. We were the self titled '404 Legends' I aren't sure anyone else would have given us this name but we felt it was deserved. To celebrate Jonners' last weekend in Melbourne we headed down to the hostel bar for a few cheeky long island ice teas and then started the longish walk over to Brunswick St where the cool bars are. Unfortunately just as one of our friends was getting to the punchline of a pretty long joke, some car full of idiots drove by and egged us. Luckily I only got some on my back but the poor girl who was telling the joke got it all down her face and in her hair. It was perfect timing for someone to say, 'looks like the yoke is on you!' Anyway, not letting this stop us we taxied back to the hostel, showered and taxied back out to Brunswick. Apparently the hostel was egged that night too. Guess those kids have nothing better to do.

Well, that is pretty much it I think. I'll try to keep you updated a bit more often.

Tags: eggs, eureka skydeck, job

About our-lass

Me and Matt in The Grampian National Park

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.