Existing Member?

Sarah Heads Down Under

11/04/12

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 11 April 2012 | Views [389]

The last few days have been spent sorting out my resume and cover letter, which I hate doing. But at least now I have a few printed off ready to hit the streets with. I've also been looking on the internet for possible jobs. One of which I applied for and got an email back from the guy. Obviously I got excited thinking he might be offering me an interview. This was not the case. The job was not for a "retail sales assistant" in the CBD as advertised. It was infact numerous positions available on a cruise ship but the gumtree rules don't allow people to advertise for those positions. Instead the company just makes up a load of jobs and hopes someone will be interested when they find out what it is. I certainly was not interested. They wasted about an hour of my time while I adapted my resume and Cover letter to suit the job. I was not a happy bunny!!!

Other than Job hunting we also went to the cinema the other day to watch the Hunger Games. I had just finished the first book and really wanted to see the film so we went that afternoon. It was pretty good actually, and the cinema had the comfiest seats I have ever sat in, which was a good thing especially because they played a full half an hour of commercials before the movie started. For that much advertisement time our tickets should have cost a lot less.

Today we went to the Melbourne Gaol! We wandered around the old cell block and read stories of prisoners who had been held and hanged there. It was all a little bit spooky for my liking. We did get to see the cell where Ned Kelly was held and also watched a play about his life which was very good. 

After the cell block we got to go to the court house and re-enact Ned Kelly's trial. I ended up volunteering to play the part of Robert Scott so got to enter the witness box. Thankfully I only had five lines though. 

The tour also included an experience of being arrested and held in the watch house. We all got bundled into cells and then the lights turned out which I was not a huge fan off. Jails creep me out too much because of all the horrible people that must have been there. 

Now we have checked into the hostel for another week and a half. Hopefully we will have some jobs sorted out in the next couple of weeks so we can get saving.

Tags: melbourne gaol

About our-lass

Me and Matt in The Grampian National Park

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.