Existing Member?

Sarah Heads Down Under

Those Darn Mice!!!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 5 April 2012 | Views [812]

The most annoying thing happened today. We have been waiting a few days now for the avocado we purchased from Queen Victoria Market to ripen ready for eating. I was sure today was going to be the day. Unfortunately we got to it a little late. A mouse has chewed right the way through our food bag, which was on the very top shelf, and has eaten half of our avocado. How frustrating.

OK, so what else have we been doing the last few days? Mainly procrastinating about writing my CV and applying for a job. The first day I planned to do it was so sunny that we went down to St Kilda to the beach. We managed to catch Luna Park open too which was a bonus. Luna Park is a really small theme park on the sea front. To get into the park you have to walk through the mouth of this really creepy face.

Once inside it is like you have stepped into a theme park of years gone by. Even the biggest ride there, a roller-coaster which circles the park, is hand operated by a member of staff who stands on the car as it whizzes along the track, seems very safe! We were tempted to have a ride on something but it was ten dollars for one ride so we passed. 

After hanging out on the beach for a while we walked along Acland street, home to lots of tasty looking cake shops. We both got a fruit flan, and it was delicious. Matt was very disappointed with his, he's hard to please! Just look how tasty it looks:

After the cakes, the best thing happened. Matt found 10 dollars on the floor so we headed straight to the pub across the road for a pint! Perfect way to spend the afternoon.

Anyway, it's taken me a few days but I have finally finished my CV, but unfortunately it's Easter weekend so probably not the best time to hand it out. Guess I will just have to spend some more days in the sun until next Tuesday, what a shame.

Tags: cake, luna park, mice

About our-lass

Me and Matt in The Grampian National Park

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.