Existing Member?

Orna's Crazy Adventure

Vientiane to Pakse / Tad Lo

LAOS | Sunday, 28 August 2011 | Views [841]

Right now I am sitting in a guest house in Pakse where one of the Lao staff has been sitting and watching Tom and Jerry and laughing. Now there is something on the TV about a dragon boat race I think... he is so engrossed he is not assisting any of the guests...

Anyway, so here I am in Pakse. I said goodbye to the 2 German people - Cathrine and Martin which was kinda sad. Simon and I then caught the overnight bus to Pakse (10 hrs) which was hilerious - I have never seen a bus like it! It was called "King of  Bus" and was called a sleeping bus and actually had little booths with a mattress and pillow and blanket! I think the booths were really meant for 1 person but they put 2 people in each booth which was kinda funny cause if you didnt know the person you were sharing with it could have been a bit awkward cause the space was certainly a bit intimate!!

Here in Pakse there is nothing much to do in the actual town. I've been to Tad Lo with  a group of people and swam in the river which was really nice. Then some kids came down to have their bath in the river - very cute!!

I have just been told that today is a rice growing festival and the monks will be lighting candles on little boats and sending them down the river so I will go and see that hopefully!!

Tomorrow morning I go to Si Phan Don (the Four Thousand Islands) where I will stay 2 or 3 days and then head to Cambodia...

More photos:

xxx Orna

About orna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.