Existing Member?

thewheelsonthebusgo 'Seize the pleasure at once' - Jane Austen.

Busted Mountain

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 17 May 2008 | Views [528]

Just arrived in Broken Hill.  It is bbbbbbbloody fffffffreezing.  heading to Jack Absalom and Pro Hart galleries today.  Loved the desert drive.  Lots of red bulldust, wedge tailed eagles.  and even rain!!!!! in the night and puddles on the highway. Bus is going well, hit our first strong headwind.  hard to walk against, let alone drive against in the big old girl.  Lots of waves from travellers and truckies talking to us on the CB.  sometimes it's good to stand out :)  roads are pretty narrow in the desert, especially when you have a roadtrain coming past you at 110km hr.  Seen lots of feral goats and saw first Red Kangas this morning, including his Mrs, the Blue Flyer.  Big mob of emus yesterday.  Yep, we are in the real Australia now folks...  Gonna shower for the first time in four days.  Must be something to do with our English heritage...  Not sure of our next destination and going by all the people that we chat to on the road, we are not the only ones who go where the wind blows us.  Until the next civilised town...  See ya.

About onthebus


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.