Existing Member?

thewheelsonthebusgo 'Seize the pleasure at once' - Jane Austen.

My Crazy Father

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 14 April 2008 | Views [464] | Comments [2]

We had a visitor!  Dad!  It seems the travel bug is in the air and dad decided to hit the road and do a bit of exploring.  He came to within a 300km coo-ee of us, so he thought he'd pop up the road a bit further and bring us our mail.  We put on the beers and a few hunks of lamb on the BBQ and we fed another fellow traveller, Vaughan, who is cycling from Sydney to Adelaide (as you do).  We had a good catch up and a laugh and then next morning at 7am dad hit the road for a bit more exploring on the way home.  Only trouble is, he went STRAIGHT home with only one pitstop (read as pubstop).  He drove 1549km in 17 hours, winding the window down as he went i'm sure, to 'keep awake'.  That's one crazy mail deliverer!

Comments

1

Just the normal journey you do when you are heading home Zoom zoom another historic monument passed by never mind catch it on the way back.

   Dad Apr 23, 2008 9:24 AM

2

Just another one of "Rafferty's Rules". Blinge Away there Brother. (Mmmmm! haven't heard that saying for a while).

  Odette Apr 23, 2008 11:26 AM

About onthebus


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.