Existing Member?

Australia 2011

Long time!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 24 February 2011 | Views [433]

Its been a reeeeally long time since ive written here, but im back! Im just on a  day off and its great. I did a bit of shopping and a few things i needed to do. Had a haircut, went for a massage, it was a good day. Now im sitting in front of a tv watching that 70s show.

Its been really hot here this week, proper hot, it makes you so tired when you try to do anything.

Last week i was away for the week on a voyage, we had about 30 teenagers sail training, it was a really long week and ive been so tired after it! Its been fairly hectic since too so its been nice to have a day off. Last night we just watched tv and ate lovely pate and cheese. Good times!

Today when i was having a massage there was a girl there doing this detox thing where you stick your feet in a basin of water and the water goes brown, or brownish, i think theres some colours (of brown) relating to parts of your body so the guy said that she had some toxins in her liver, to which she said ‘but i don’t even smoke!?’!

 

I wrote that a week or so ago and at the time i really had nothing much to say,  i realised after i wrote it that i actually had no news since i was constantly working and feeling a little burnt out from it. We had had quite a hard week of it at work and i was so glad to get a day off and just lounge around and do nothing at all, it was sweet! So even though i have been working away all this week i think that day off and couple of nights in front of the tv did me good. The first night the two girls from work called up when they were finished and we ate cheese and pate on toast with wine and it was magic. Thats one thing i love about here, people eat cheese and pate all the time, you go to someones house for beers and instead of crisps and peanuts they have pate! The queen mary 2 was in fremantle that day and there was lots of excitement around her, there was so many people around to see her, there was a nice buzz there. i went for a bit of a walk on my day off too along the river and its really beautiful there, ill have to go back and take some photos.

There was a boat show that weekend too so freo was quite busy, as were we. It was a nice weekend though, our sails were full and everyone was interested in participating so it was nice. I spent the weekend on the helm teaching people how to steer the ship. The weather was really nice for it too, unlike today, which is a glorious day but its probably the hottest since i arrived and very humid, its unreal.

I had a day off again during the week and got a few things sorted, we were going to go to a wine bar and relax over a couple of glasses but it wasn’t open Monday nights unfortunately. Funnily enough before that we were walking into a bar for one and another one of the lads from work called me in the street, he was just back from Sydney and was meeting another fella, we all went there in the end and had an impromptu night of fun! Actually i had to leave early as i was so tired, i had a couple of drinks and some food and i was ready for bed! I hadn’t slept a proper night in over a week but luckily 2 nights ago i got ten hours and that did the trick. I think it was because we got fish and chips take away and i got battered prawns in coconut with chips and really good coleslaw and i was so full i fell into a food induced coma!

Everywhere i go in the world i have a problem explaining my surname to people, they always ask about capital letters, and commas and spaces, so imagine my surprise when i come all the way to Australia and no one really has any questions. It didn’t occur to me for a while until i realised its a big name over here. The architect who built fremantle port was an irish man called Charles yelverton o’connor. So theres actually a place here called o’connor in fremantle, i have been there! Theres also a jetty just next to us called o’connor landing. Thats the first time i heard of it!

Another thing i forgot to write about before, for all you home and away lovers is, i am proud to say that i have been to TAFE!!! I did a course there for work. I have to say it didn’t quite live up to the expectations, for years on H&A we have been hearing about TAFE and i thought it would be something amazing but it was just like CIT but not as big! I should get a picture of myself outside it!

i ve been bad enough for taking pictures so ill upload some soon to here again. ill write again soon xxx

 

About oconnorclare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.