Existing Member?

Australia 2011

more stuff

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 6 March 2011 | Views [267]

a funny thing happened a couple of weeks ago, i forgot to write it in here, we were in the pub one day and we had ordered some food. as we love to, we got some pate and toast. as the bosun was picking up a piece, she dropped some toast on the floor, along with the knife. i leaned down to pick it up and at the same time she reached for the knife and accidently stabbed me in the face! in reality it was only a small nick and didnt bleed for long but we like to say that she stabbed me in the face!

i apologise if that was not up to my usual story telling standards, which i am fondly known for ;) its first thing in the morning and i was on duty last night, im a little tired, last night was the first night ive had more than 5 hours sleep a night and that was because i got 6 hours! my last day off was two and a half weeks ago, which is why im really looking forward to tomorrow because i have 4 days off in a row! its going to be great.

yesterday on the sailings we had record breaking day! on the leeuwin II we have five permanent crew, yesterday four of us were women! it was quite funny, the chef was the only man! its nice when we can get up and have 'the man' cook us bacon and egg on toast and fab meals all the time. so the Captain, engineer, mate and bosun were all girls.

over the last week or so since i wrote ive been thinking of stuff that i must put in here and now that im writing i cant think of any of it! as i said earlier ive been working alot so i havent been up to much. a couple of nights ago i went for a walk to get some fresh air, the weather has been really humid and hot the last couple of days so a few of us walked out to a lighthouse near here, it was lovely. its out on a manmade spit so its exposed, theres a nice breeze out there and you can see part of fremantle all lit up, during the day as we pass it on the way in, people are always sitting on the rocks there and fishing off it. its cool.

i dont know if i mentioned this in the last entry but the last 3 weeks or so have been record breaking here in that its been above 30 degrees every day! the other day it was above 40 degrees, every day i end up saying 'god, its hot today!'.

About oconnorclare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.