Existing Member?

Australia 2011

Days off

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 6 February 2011 | Views [377]

This week has been nice, the weather has been good, very windy though, my eyes are sore from it! the sailing has been good too. I took over as Engineer here this week so its all go. I had Thursday and Friday off which was lovely so I decided to be a tourist and see the place. I did a bit of shopping, or alot of shopping which was great, bought the obligatory Ugg boots and all that. It was a really nice day, very relaxing and i just wandered into all the shops ive been passing all the time and some i didnt even know were there!

there are loads of bookshops here, mostly second hand, and they are lovely, i was browsing in one the other day, and the owner was asking me where i was from and if i was living here. i was about to say i was only here for a while and that i was on holiday but then i realised, that in fact, i do live here! its great!

i got onto Jen Peterson during the week (for those of you that know her), so I met herself and her boyfriend for dinner which was very nice, we went for a drink to the Sail and Anchor, its a pub that has alot of different types of beer, they gave us this peach beer which was really nice, so we had one there and went away home.

Friday, I did much the same, just wandered around. then i went for a drink and dinner with one of the girls here, it was a glorious day, we sat out in the sun, then we went for ice cream and all! we were home by half eight, were like grannies here half the time!

About oconnorclare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.