Existing Member?

Noone Family Adventure

DAY 23; Darwin to Kakadu

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 16 September 2010 | Views [265] | Comments [2]

Day 23 and it is 38 degrees in Darwin with the heat starting to being a major factor. Pack up the caravan, which is starting to look like a grand prix pit stop operation, and head off to Kakadu. Have not had any prior experience with this area of the world so do not hold any pre-determined expectations. Prior to departing for any new destination we complete preliminary reserch on net to make sure we have some understanding of where and what we are about to endure. Our research on Kakdu revelaed that it is world heritage listed and encompasses 19000 square kilometres of national park with 200kms of rivers. The drive to Kakadu is around 2 hours and then another hour to reach the the two caravan parks; Jabaru and Cooinda. We choose the later given it has a pool and has been recommended by people we met in Darwin.

On the way we call into the vistitor's centre to pay for our permits ($25 per adult) and get an understanding of the locations to visit. The girl on the desk informs us that she moved up from Phillip Island after marrying a ranger. She pops back to the Island each Christmas. She recommends 5 spots to visit during our stay and we plan our three day tour of Kakadu.

WWe arriveinto camp at 2.30pm and set up the caravan (11 minutes- new record) and then make our way to the pool where we stay for the next couple of hours. After dinner we watch the mandotry three epidsodes of "Supernatural" before lights out around 9.30pm. For those "Supernatural Fans" who are seeking the answers that await them in series 5- Kate streams these from a US site. We only have 5 episodes to go!

Comments

1

Andrew... have you retained that dirty line above your lips
-= you call it a moustache
dadeo

  dadeo noone Sep 17, 2010 9:41 AM

2

Clarke gable...we presume you are out of range... rang twice on Nick's birthday (20th) to speak to him without success of getting through.
have you got rid of that pencil mark above your mouth yet clarke?
disgusting.
love to all...mum/dad pappa/grandma

  paul and kath Sep 20, 2010 7:39 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.