Existing Member?

Noone Family Adventure

For Groubie - Clark Griswald moments

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 28 August 2010 | Views [266]

Moment 1 - pulling into Glendambo caravan park and taking half a tree with as we pulled into the site. After kind man helped Andy remove it we moved to a different site.

Moment 2 - Andy filling a bucket of water from a tap at Marla Caravan Park only to find the tap did not turn off - you had to stick a plug in it.  This resulted in water spraying everywhere and Andy looking like he showered in his clothes.

Moment 3 - Andy bought himself an akubra style hat at Marla- and his affection for it is not unlike Clark's affection for his cap. He taps the brim and nods when he walks past people as a form of greeting.  The children are dying from embarassment.

Moment 4 - involved the hat. We were all doing the base walk around Ayers Rock and Andy was strutting out in front feeling pretty happy with himself when a strong gust of wind blew his hat from his head. He chased it along the path and it landed in the only puddle (not quite the only one but the only one on that stretch) at Uluru.  Kids and I fell over laughing!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.