Existing Member?

australian discoveries

east coast

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 22 June 2011 | Views [341]

well a long but fantastic part of my journey over here is over. i have been to see fraser island and the whitsundays.  they were both amazing, fraser island i got to drive a four wheel drive across the sand, (first time driving left hand manual) which was a bit of an adventure in itself but was one of the only ones who didnt get stuck in the loose sand.  got to see some wild dingos.  they were cool and looked a lot like dogs do.  also the campsite we stayed on they came quite close.  a couple of them came within 3 feet of me but as soon as i moved they rean off.  they were wuite skittish.  we did all the main sites.  saw the central station where the logging was done.  also did a few walks through the rainforest there and saw what would have been dinosaur food.  the plants without any rstructure and are only kept up by water pressure in them.  also saw wabby lake lake mckenzie, the champagne pools, eli creek another lake and also the wreak on the beach.  i will post photos soon.  the water in the lakes was so nice and in one of them the sand was so fine you could brush your teath with it.  had a great group of opeople to travel with which also helped.  then onto the whitsundays.

upon arriving in airlie beach i found out that my sailing ship wouldnt be going out that week from low numbers but i got to be upgraded to the bigger ship the atlantic clipper which was truly a great time.  the ship had a spa tup and a waterslide also you were able to jump off the upper deck into the water as well.  the first day we went to see whitehaven beach whose sand is almost 100% silica so extremely fine.  you had to keep good care of cameras cause if they fell in the sand it would ruin them.  such a beautiful beach it was really spectacular.  also on the boat crew we had a professional photographer that took pictures of the trip which i will share later as well.  he also got some shots of when i went scuba diving and was swimming with sea turtles.  which was a thrilling experience.  both the diving which is cool but to be able to swim allongside the turtles was also great.  the reefs we swam through are part of the great barrier reef syrstem, called the fringing reefs.  now that i am in cairns i am going to go to the outer reef and view it there as well as going through the rainforest here in northern queensland.  not sure how long i will stay here but at least another couple of days to do these trips. 

hopefully i will have some more time soon to get caught up with writting my adventures as well as posting some of the photos which i think are some great shots. 

About nooltn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.