Existing Member?

australian discoveries

Byron bay and Surfers Paradise

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 31 May 2011 | Views [741] | Comments [1]

byron bay

byron bay

So i have started my trip up the east coast away from sydney.  first stop was byron bay where it was a very relaxed time, just lounging on the beach, watched some people surfing and met some very nice people.  its a really relaxed town and so far my favorite place but im sure that will change.  you could walk everywhere barefoot throughout the town as its all right on the beach.  i havent had a chance to learn to surf yet but do wish to at some point just not at the start of this trip maybe when i get further up the coast.  

i am currently in surfers paradise and while its a great beach and nice waves it is more of a built up area and not as nice as Byron bay for me.  but i have stopped because im meeting up with friends from camp who go to university here. then i will be heading off to Brisbane for a couple of days before going to Hervey bay to start my Fraser island trip.  which i am really looking forward to.  i would like to see some of the sporting games when im here like rugby league, afl and even cricket but have been unlucky so far as they are either not playing when im in town or are out of season but i will get to them before i leave.

Comments

1

Hi Nathan Looks and sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy and have fun. Love Mom

  Mom Jun 5, 2011 8:02 PM

About nooltn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.