Existing Member?

australian discoveries

1st week in sydney

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 19 May 2011 | Views [357] | Comments [3]

well my first week in sydney has been great.  i met up with Keith and Audreys nephew Garett and he gave me the low down on what to expect in the city and what i would need to do to settle into the country, like cell phone tax number bank account and mailing number.  he was a great help.  last night we went to a bar on the warf to watch the hockey games held by the hockey night in sydney crew.  was a lot of fun.  i have also met up with one of my buddies from camp Will and we have caught up and he took me to the not so famous harbour in sydney and had a few beers. 

i have decided to head up the coast to queensland and have booked a toor of the whitsundays and fraser island.  google them for cool photos of what im going to do.  for fraser island we take 4 wheel drives onto the island camp out and explore.  then with the whitsundays we take a sailing tour around some of the islands as well as do some snorkling in and around the great barrier reef.  should be a lot of fun.  just waiting for my bank card then i can head out.  i should end up in cairns by the end of june.  before i leave sydney i will be heading down to bondi and coogi beach and will probly head over to manly beach again as i had a great time there and am looking to do the second half of the walk i started.  but should be heading out early next week and will meet up with some friends in brisbane as well as see byron bay and hit up nimbin ( the australian version of woodstock) maybe stop at surfers paradise as well. 

Comments

1

Sounds like you're having a great time Nathan! I can't believe it's already been a week. Glad to hear you are making the most of your time. Enjoy every minute of it! Keep up the journal posts! xo

  Sarah May 20, 2011 9:13 PM

2

Hey Nathan, So glad you are having a great time and you got to meet up with Garett. Look forward to the updates.

  Aunt Audrey May 23, 2011 9:06 AM

3

Hi Nathan,

Great to hear you are enjoying the refreshments of Australia and getting your feet on the ground! Looking forward to hearing more! Hope it's sunnier there than here.. it's been rainy/cloudy forever!

Love M&B

  Michael & Brent May 29, 2011 2:49 AM

About nooltn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.