Existing Member?

Volunteer Abroad

Volunteer Abroad - 3 Different Yet Similar Countries in 3 Months

INDIA | Thursday, 3 September 2015 | Views [328]

 

While planning to travel abroad, one has a specific destination of their choice for which they design their itinerary. But what if a single trip abroad can provide you an opportunity to explore three different countries with different culture and different lifestyle, and yet are pretty similar? Sounds like some kind of a shopping sale?! No, this isn’t any sale, but sailing across borders and experiencing different countries with a hint of similarity.

The three closely knitted Asian countries, India, Sri Lanka, and Nepal, have different geographies and lifestyle, but share certain intriguing similarities too; such as:

 

They share the ethnicity

It is known that India is a Hindu dominant country, with close to 80% of its population coming from Hindu religion. On the other hand, it is the second major religion in Sri Lanka, since the majority of followers are of Theravada Buddhism. The interesting fact being that, the founder of Buddhism was a Hindu Prince, Siddhartha Gautama, who was born in the Lumbini district of Nepal. How’s that for sharing the origins!?

 

They share the linguistics

The regional language in few provinces of Sri Lanka and that of the southern state of Tamil Nadu in India share the similar vocabulary; Tamil. The same is the case in Nepal where, although, Nepali is the main language, people do understand and speak (to some extent) Hindi language as well, which is a major Indian language.

 

They share the Landscapes

The Great Himalayas, which is considered to be the youngest mountain formations on our planet, cover the region of Nepal entirely and the entire Northern and Northeastern part of India, thus the grandeur being shared by the two nations. On the other hand, Sri Lanka and India share the water body of Indian Ocean and along with it, the amazing marine life that it sustains.  

 

Having such significant similarities, it is a huge benefit to the volunteers to travel through these countries in a single trip abroad. Basic advantages that a volunteer may get from this are;

 

- It becomes easier for you as a volunteer to acclimatize quickly with the change of borders; in a new environment.

-Designing your itinerary becomes easier.

- You spend less time flying, and more time volunteering and exploring.

- Volunteering provides the opportunity to understand the country in a much better way; you get to do that for three countries in one trip.

- You end up spending less for more of traveling.

- The experiences you had while working at any of these destinations can be used as an anecdote to make things easier when you are at either of the other two

 

There are several international volunteer placement agencies that help you with your volunteering travel abroad. It is considered to be much more beneficial to volunteer through a placement organization, as they are the experts of this domain and can provide appropriate guidance for the same; making things easier, especially, for the first timers. Also, the cost that you incur in the form of program fee and registration charges, actually, covers your major expenses of traveling abroad, viz., accommodation and food. All in all, a much more organized way to volunteer abroad.

 

The year of 2015 is close to its last quarter, and if you haven’t had an expedition yet, this is the time; this is the opportunity. Indulge in this tri-destination volunteering and be a part of some of the best volunteer programs abroad.

Tags: effective traveling, india, nepal, sri lanka, travel, volunteering abroad

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.