Existing Member?

Volunteer Abroad

This is why Volunteering in Guatemala with your best friend is a good idea

GUATEMALA | Monday, 18 May 2015 | Views [421]

Source: Volunteering Solutions

Source: Volunteering Solutions

It is said that a family is something we get when we are born, but friends are the ones we choose ourselves. From our childhood to the days of our old age; friends are the ones who go along with us in all our ups and downs in life. They know our deepest secrets and our behavior pattern in a certain situation. In short, friends are one of the most essential parts of our life.

This is a reason enough to make sure that when you travel to volunteer abroad, you should always do it with one of your best friends. Volunteering Solutions provides wonderful project opportunities in the subtly majestic country of Guatemala, and here are some of their wise arguments why your friend must accompany you for your next volunteer abroad trip to Guatemala;  

 

It’s always good to have someone watching your back

Different country, different people, different lifestyle, different mind-set… you need someone who you can call family in a different region for mental as well as physical support.

 

You will have someone to take your pictures with those beautifully gigantic volcanoes at the backdrop

No trip is complete without a bag full of souvenirs and camera full of pictures. You can always find a Samaritan to click a picture of you at a tourist destination, but it is always handy and logical to have someone of your own doing the needful. Your friend knows all your signature poses after all!

 

And someone you to take a picture with as well

Making your other friends and acquaintances jealous by posting those “wanderful” pictures on instagram with your best bud is one of the major highlights you don’t want the feeling of which to be missed.

  

Two is always better than one when it comes to executing a task, even a volunteering project.

Strength lies in unity; something we learned when we were kids. While volunteering under any of the volunteer projects in Guatemala, it is always useful to have a partner you’ve done a lot of projects in the past with. It is helpful as you both know the ways to motivate each other.

 

You can pack light, as you’ve always been in a habit of sharing

Packing light while travelling is one advice that all explorers and backpackers would suggest on a high priority level. Travelling with a friend helps you with this in a way that it is not new for you or your friend to share and use each other’s stuff.

 

The expenses are shared, so less load monetarily.

And when we talk about sharing, it’s not just the clothes or accessories, but also the money. While volunteering in Guatemala with Volunteering Solutions or any other international volunteer placement firm, your accommodation and meals are mostly covered. But one tends to experience the taste of local cuisines and other activities as well.

 

You certainly would want someone with you in a foreign land that you can call a ‘family’.

There occur instances, while volunteer abroad, when all you need is that one known soul who you can share your thoughts with, just to feel light and sort out mental issues; a close friend in short!

 

Adventure activities together will be cherished for the lifetime.

When in school, we always make plans for those crazy adventure trips with our friends that somehow die out due to shortage of time or capital deficiency. Volunteering with a friend in Guatemala is a perfect opportunity to do all those things you have always planned for. You can also see the things to do while volunteering in Guatemala.

 

The bond between you two will strengthen more.

Volunteering abroad is not just a platform to explore the wilderness of Guatemalan forests or the lifestyle of natives. It is a way to explore and understand more about your friend and allow them to know you more on personal level.

 

Its better they go with you than someone else and make you feel jealous about it.

You certainly do not want to be on the other side of the Instagram page viewing the pics of your friend having those treat moments with someone else; eventually ending up jealous yourself!

 

Volunteering abroad in itself is a means of achieving solace while experiencing some of the most exciting times of your life. Doing it within the company of your best friend excels this experience to certain notches up.

Did this article made you think of a very close bud of yours? Call them up immediately and make that plan to volunteer in Guatemala. To know more details for it, get in touch with the support desk at info@volunteerinsolutions.com and expect a response in a jiffy. 

Tags: guatemala volunteering, volunteer abroad, volunteering in guatemala

 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.