Existing Member?

Temperate Grasslands. its all about the small journey i take.i love making ordinary things to extraordinary.And the adventure that comes along with it..............

"An Unplanned Journey"

INDIA | Monday, 13 September 2010 | Views [565] | Comments [1]

grass's prespective

grass's prespective

hIt was a rainy morning but I loved the way  it was .I remember some photographer telling that “you should experiment with any kind of weather” .I climb in the bus .I was listening to the soothing music of Robert Plant and it reminded me of the hills and the mountains  and  Shangri la. I reached my destination. But to get to my final destination I had to take a rickshaw to my cousin’s place because he had quite a good idea about its surrounding. As I climb up the rickshaw …I felt the breeze brushing my face .I relaxed until I saw the hills full of light clouds .It was so near to me and so green and beautiful. But I don’t know why I resist my self by not taking a snap of it. Finally I got my cousins place .He was ready. We headed towards the mountains with essential things. We climbed the mountains...it was a hardwork for me .But for him it was a daily kind of job as he usually come here to spend his time with his thoughts .He kept on climbing it. The road was muddy…but I was amazed to see such density in a forest that too in Guwahti. My cousin said to me :  “I think only in this part of Guwahati where you will find forest and also cultivation” .When I last visited his place it was full cultivation(3--4 yrs ago) but now 2/3rd was of the cultivation full of houses. We kept on climbing in the mountain until we met a man who was brushing his teeth and asked about ourselves.

“She my cousin and we have come to take photographs”; my cousin brother  said

I nodded with him. And the man said well “you have to take permission from the Ranger”

“Well then can we meet him” I said

“No you can’t, he sleeping”, he said

“Ok then while returning we will meet him”;I replied

“Ok then”

And then we were off, I was little surprise because I didn’t meet anybody here when I last came, but my cousin told that ,now this place was a wildlife sanctuary. I was happy to know that .We proceeded further, until he showed me a newly built dam .I was looking curiously at it until he showed me the next big thing. There was this big mountain full of clouds …and somebody will definitely mistake it for Tawang and yes it was a marvelous sight to see. And after appreciating the nature beauty we went to the Ganesh temple situated there in the rocks …but what!!  It started to rain and that was awesome we had only one umbrella with us .We thought that the rain would stop. But no it didn’t it continued till 2 hours .We again thought that the forest people would come to help us but no, after two hours of rain it didn’t meant to stop…we enjoyed the rain .and I think I would be lucky to get wet in the middle of the forest .wow. We were feeling as if we two were on expedition from the national geographic. We hurried back home .that was an experience.

But we didn’t felt bad at least we got lots of pictures of a rainy season .We didn’t loose heart, we went there again the next day ,and it was quite a sunny day. But today we meet with the forest people and they started to threating us. There were four man and one lady official but not in their uniform. Out of the men the lady seems to be more strict and was showing us her power.

“Yesterday you went there, without any permission, we got such a scolding from our forest ranger and you didn’t pay the charges also” she said adamantly

“But in this office there was nobody, we meet another official there” my cousin replied

“Ok then sorry for yesterday, please let me talk to the ranger’ I said

‘No, you can’t ,he went to his home”

“Please give us his number”

“We cant, he keeps his mobile switch off when he in home”

“So now whom can I talk too”

“You can talk to me, as I’m now in-charge”

‘I said ok then tell me what m I suppose to do now’

“The D.F.O will be coming at 2pm, you can meet him or else come day after tomorrow”

“It will not be possible for me to come tomorrow, so please give me his number, I can talk to him”

She totally denied. So at last I asked

“Tell about the charges I will pay it now”

“You are not allowed, come some other day”

She seems to be so arrogant, we thought she was showing her power, well then you keep your power with yourselves

And we came out disappointedly. But you know it’s a huge forest we have other routes too. So my cousin called up his friend and we went through some other routes too difficult then before. I got some really nice shots there but not the “perfect picture”.

He felt my disappointedness, so after bidding goodbye to his friends we took another route .it was from the middle of the cultivation all greenery, we were tired and the heat was rising. But after walking all about 15 kilometers a simple sound made me refresh and it was the sound of the water fall. There we meet 3 kids .We asked them to accompany us; they were just sitting there in the silence of the wood. But here the density of woods was more. They took us to the waterfall and just imagine we walked upward the fall .There were big stones we have to put off our shoes as the stones were slippery, we walked against the waterfall until we saw a cave. Those kid s began to bath .We clicked some amazing natural shots until we were hungry …sitting in the shade we had biscuits and water. Then excitedly they took us to the downwards part of the fall and again they bathed .We really enjoyed with these guys .Now it was too late, we had to go home .We walked but just one thing struck my mind. That at last I got my perfect picture, thanks to those officials ,if they wouldn’t denied us then we can’t have this experience on the other end and I’m also sorry for them also, as because of such type of person our beauty of nature is being unexplored. They are being very strict to us but what about the trees that are always being  cut  and traded illegally in that forest itself .Its a shame to the whole society .They are giving orders without their uniform .What about that??? We have such a beautiful place here and those forest members should think about its upliftment …but no they were very arrogant and they want to experiment there power to us .

                                                                                                            Moramee  Das

                                                                                                            

Tags: beaches, forest, hill, mountains, on the road, photography, rain., trekking, waterfall

Comments

1

It was great Moromi...keep it up!!

  Yashomana Sep 14, 2010 4:03 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.