Existing Member?

The Great Panda Adventures

I Have Sunscreen in my Eyes!

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 11 January 2013 | Views [489]

After 30 hours of travelling we have finally made it to Austrailia! This is our third day and it's been great so far.

We started our trip out in Toronto, were we spent a day and a half with some really great friends, eating seafood, playing ping poing and walking on the frozen beach.

We then hopped on a flight to San Fransisco where we were lucky enough to have a 12 hour layover! So we took the train to the city and took a bus tour and wandered up and down the hills of San Fransisco until our flight left for Sydney at 10:30pm. SF was an amazing city! I really hope to go back again someday. I would enver be able to live there though, the rent for a bachelor apartment starts at $2000 a month!

We then flew 14 hours or so to Sydney where we have been staying in a small beach town called Bondi Beach, It's s pretty touristy, byut we are seconds from the beach so we can't complain! We took a bus to the city centre in Sydne yesterday and saw the Opera house, the bridge and wandered around The Rocks and Darling Harbour. We also took a tour of an old jailhouse where convicts were sent from britain , which gave us an interesting piece of Austrailia history. Then, we met up with a friend from Canada who we used to work with and her sister ! We went to a couple rooftop bars in Newtown, and then headed home (aka our small hostel room!)

Today, we are going for a coastal hike along Bondi to Bronte, and then we are going to cook some dinner at our hostel. We hope to get to a zoo soon, and go up the Sydney eye to get a great view of the city.

Other than our camera battery dying half way through our bus tour in SF, getting dog poop on my pants before our 14 hour flight, and our credit cards not working the first day , I am loving our trip so far! oh, and another frustration is that Jake and I keep getting Sunscreen in our eyes! haha something we'll have to get used to I guess!

I'll hope to get some more updates out soon, with some better pictures too!

Tags: beach, hiking, planes

About nnninecountries


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.