Existing Member?

Peripatetic

NYC

USA | Friday, 10 April 2009 | Views [425] | Comments [3]

NYC3rdAve

NYC3rdAve

am back in the USA after over 2 months on the road - truthfully, I could have spent 2 MORE months travelling if I could have afforded it  but now that I'm in America again, I'm actually getting antsy to get back home to SF and will probably wind up spending a very short time in New York (esp. since it actually SNOWED yesterday)

it was strangely comforting to hear American/Canadian accents from the flight crew on Air Canada on the long overnight flight from Sao Paulo to Toronto - AC doesn't have F class but traveler bulletin boards had recommended their BusinessElite over United's First Class (kinda sad) - 1 thing that wasn't so great was the much smaller personal space - all the seats are in a herringbone pattern that seems to waste quite a bit of space towards the windows - but the inflights gave great service and the lounges at GRU/Sao Paulo airport were comparable (better food at the UA Red Carpet Club but Brazilian pao de queijo/delicious cheese bread puff balls and sparkling wine at the Varig-run Smiles lounge for other Star Alliance airlines)

went to a great Seder last night with my friend Laura's family - about 20 people of all ages at 3 tables - as we might expect, LOTS of good food - gut Pesach to all of us including honorary Jews like me and Ninna

will try to get to at least 1 museum today (maybe the new Museum of Art and Design at 2 Columbus Circle in that weird building with the round windows)

 

Comments

1

It's cold and wet back here too. Welcome back it has been fun flowing your adventures. My new company is closed for good friday (happy Easter or Passover) so I am going to visit the VzBers tomorrow and have lunch with Paul and anyone else who wants to join. Hope you don't freeze your toes off before making it home. Jerry

PS make sure you have a good bagel before coming home

  Jerry Apr 10, 2009 3:35 AM

2

Oy! It's Passover--no bagels, please! Some handmade matzoh, maybe?

  Ninna Apr 10, 2009 8:27 AM

3

It's been fun following your great adventure. Especially not even having to get up for an early morning flight.
Thanks and welcome home.

  Norman Apr 11, 2009 3:15 PM

About nncysf


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.