Existing Member?

Peripatetic

Brazil!

BRAZIL | Monday, 6 April 2009 | Views [750]

SaoPauloParque da Independência1

SaoPauloParque da Independência1

a brand new continent - extremely exciting - got to Sao Paulo on Friday very early morning regretted almost immediately not actually trying to learn more/any Portuguese because I definitely felt out of it and helpless (on top of major jet lag and sleeplessness having left my precious ambien behind in london - doh!) 

got to eduardo's place tho and things looked up immediately after seeing him and his partner and their adorable 22-month-old - one very weird thing is that the place has NO mirrors (only could happen in a house of all men!!) except 1 tiny one too high up on the wall to do me much good (reminded me of the pac bell park tour where you can see the visitors' locker room and all the mirrors there are placed about 6 feet up) 

have explored ibirapuera park and the MASP (main art museum of sao paulo) and seen a few neighborhoods and had a delicious dinner last night of picanha (i think that's right) special brazilian cut of meat delivered rare on a sizzling platter to be finished at the table and found soursop yogurt drink in the supermarket

the photo is from the park that contains the Sao Paulo Museum - while I was in there a major tropical storm broke and almost all the patrons were jammed into the lobby waiting for it to stop (was probably a long wait) - I braved the rain (with my trusty umbrella from Saigon) and took this picture - as you can see a few drops splashed on my camera - I then joined the few people ignoring the Proibida a Entrada signs and sat on the steps under an overhang to watch the storm and listen to the thunder - cool!

(this entry again at the request of my clammering public - OK only Albert...but he counts as a VIP in my blog life)

 

About nncysf


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.