Existing Member?

Peripatetic

LH F Lounge at FRA

GERMANY | Thursday, 2 April 2009 | Views [1341]

FRAMercedes1

FRAMercedes1

am now in one of the office cubicles in the first class Lufthansa lounge at Frankfurt airport   struggling a bit with a german keyboard that has transposed the letters y and z which is very challenging when your name is nancy-nancz 

i was met at the aircraft arriving from london by a mercedes whose driver had a cool placard reading mr-mrs miller   for some reason the crew assumed the one other guy in biz class had to be the lucky recipient of the ride to the terminal  and here i'm wearing my brand new cashmilon sweater from marks and sparks...

got up extra early to get to london city airport in plenty of time for the flight to germany because i saw the news from yesterday about the demos aka riots  blamed on the demonstrators or police depending on whose story you're hearing or reading in the City for the g20 summit being held very close to that airport   as it happened my cab to the docklands light railway (which I took since Christopher warned me how much a cab would have cost all the way to London City Airport) hardly got delayed at all - 1 small stop while a minor motorcade went by and the cabbie was a real oldfashioned london type and we had a wonderful conversation  then he apologized for 'nattering on' but i said no it was great and a lovely farewell to london then he kissed my cheek after helping with my bags)

here's a pic of the chauffeur with my name on the board

i'll also have a review of the service on my lufthansa flight tonight!!

 

About nncysf


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.