Existing Member?

The Bomb Diggity No Mames Wey !!

!! Semana Santa !!

MEXICO | Thursday, 3 April 2008 | Views [617]

more of the same sunset - check out the color of the wave. cool!

more of the same sunset - check out the color of the wave. cool!

noooo mames.

whaaaaaaat an experience. started off with a lot of ups and downs. kate and me find out that the girls' flight is cancelled so we have the bright bright bright idea of going to mexico city to surprise them at the airport. as we are waiting at the welcome gate at 11:00pm my stomach decides, "hey nishi im hungry". so ok we decide we've been waiting for an hour and half we might as well go eat. in the mean time the girls hop the bus back to puebla. we get really flustered shouting at them to get off the bus which was just not possible. but we end up catching the last bus back to puebla at 1:00am. we all stayed in 2 rooms in the same hotel we stayed in our first few nights in puebla in january. good times sleeping on rocks.


the next day was amazing to reunite with them. sometimes you miss people so so much when they're away but you just dont realize how much of a void there is until you see them. we caught up. i got a bag full of amazing goodies from my momma bear which was everything and more than i expected. as we prepared ourselves for the trip of a lifetime, we chatted, packed, washed ourselves. We then headed over to CAPU (the bus terminal) and needed to buy tickets but WHOA would you look at that!! there are none. hahah duhhhhhh its spring break. so eventually we book tickets to oaxaca later in the day. we take them around puebla and cholula and get a littttttttttle carried away and end up missing our bus. so we buy tickets for the following day realizig that we have to completely skip over seeing oaxaca city.


after hours and hours and hours and hours (about 20) of being on buses, we arrive in puerto escondido. we take a cab ride to puerto angel and i cant even explain the beauty of this place. it was so private and so natural. our rooms are great. great view. we head out to the beach and restaurant and eat our fresh fruits with music playing. it was pretty much perfect. we stayed there for 2 days just legit relaxing and nothing else. i didnt go on the sunrise boatride because i would have thrown up for days. the girls came back to find me sleeping which i basically did for another 8 hours after that. that evening we went to a beach called aragon and it was maybe the most beautiful place ive ever been. so the next day we decide on our last day before acapulco we should show the girls puerto escondido. it was hot but still so beautiful. did a lot of walking and hanging out.


in these days there was just so much talking and i was seriously in need of having a piece of home close by. so we take yet another bus to acapulco dreading the hotel we booked because we had heard it was so so far from civilization. only half of us got to see the pink cow hotel. yes thats right. it was painted like a cow with hot pink borders. oh man. thank god we discovered acamar hotel (who coincidentally and the same colored wristbands as playa suites ;) ) we settle in and head over to the beach. it was different and great in its own way in acapulco. so many people and so many of the same things from the usa. but really cool. we met some really awesome people. it was so so very hard to deal with a group of 9 girls. very hard. we went to the beach, ate at that sa-weet restaurant across the street, snuck into playa suites until the darkskins got kicked out, went out at night. overall just took it easy and really made the best of it.

overall id say that the trip was an absolute success. i hated to see everyone go. but it just reminded me that much more how lucky i am to have amazing people in my life who care about me as much as they do. i love you all so very much!!!! i could never put it into words what you mean to me. :)


last and final thing about this trip. it has killed my intestines but i wouldnt ever take it back.

-stay posted

check out the pictures.

and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNY AND COLLEEN (tomorrow)

and a huge huge huge thank you to bernadette balane who sent me a care package that i believe will never be topped (unless it is in fact a puppy). arrrr . .

 

About nishi36


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.