Existing Member?

Life's Journey Having fun, exploring new places and cultures, volunteering, learning & reflecting.

Phuket

THAILAND | Thursday, 5 April 2007 | Views [830] | Comments [1]

Patong beach as seen from the bus we took to Phuket Town.

Patong beach as seen from the bus we took to Phuket Town.

The resort here in Phuket, near Patong beach couldn't have contrasted more than the night before.  Summed up by saying about 1.5 star to 4 star or higher.  Everything clean, neat, hygenic, spacious.  TV, Air con, pool, and internet access at the reception area - where I'm typing this.  (Internet is always around 1 Baht / min here in Thailand). Even complimentary water.  We felt a little out of place at first, having backpacks and having "roughed it" 'till now, but are settling in.

The beaches are a beautiful light green colour and we have spent a couple of days lying and swimming at the beach.  We have been getting dropped off in town and shopping at the local seven eleven in town - some 3 kms away and walking back up the steep winding road, but feeling much better for the walk.  The town here is Very Tourist oriented, and you still get hastled around the town to buy items, massage or get a taxi / tuk tuk, however they seem a little more respectful here and I think we have got used to saying no and just walking right on, so its getting easier.

I'm enjoying just chilling out, not having a schedule etc. however Laura feels like we are missing out on the place, so we intend looking at what is around and maybe doing a tour or something.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Heya guys! Nice journal youre keeping. Good way to show everyone what youre up to! Hey, dont forget to try the real food there, 7 eleven can wait till you get back home (or your really sick of local fare, not that that'll happen in a hurry once you get a taste for it!) And hang out with some local moks if you can! Theyre mainly very friendly and much more enlightening than touts! Pardon the pun! Anyways, enjoy your journey! May it be filled with adventure and not too many tourists!

  Rodri Apr 12, 2007 1:28 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.