Existing Member?

Life's Journey Having fun, exploring new places and cultures, volunteering, learning & reflecting.

Bangkok to Phuket

THAILAND | Tuesday, 3 April 2007 | Views [676]

Phuket shortly before landing

Phuket shortly before landing

Accomodation Back in Bangkok was very basic. The double room was just 2 single beds together overhanging a base and gaps all over the place for mosquitos to get in. We used the mosquito net and despite the springs comming right through and the music playing loudly (for which we used ear plugs), we slept well.

The market stalls seem to be trying to sell the same stuff - CDs / DVDs, clothes, and food. The way they approch and hastle you to buy their goods / take their taxi (or tuk tuk) etc., even to the point of taking your arm to get your attention was stressfull and annoying.

Poor communication with the taxi driver meant we ended up at the old airport, instead of the new. Fortunately we had left with enough time and still made the flight easily, but not knowing how long it would take to get there, made it quite stressful. The airport was refreshingly clean, neat, ordered, well decorated and felt like we were in another city or even country.

Getting in queue to board for an airline which has double booked seats in the past was rediculous. People pushing in etc. If only they could just allocate seat numbers!!!

Touchdown was about the worst I've ever experienced. Thought we had blown a wheel because of the servere vibration, however Laura tells me this has been reported as being a "feature" of this airline... she could have told me before we landed though... maybe they just use re-treads or don't bother with the wheel balancing bit!?

Phuket airport was much quieter and the drive to the resort very easy.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.