Existing Member?

Wanderings

Day Four: Finally, a chance to sit!

FRANCE | Thursday, 29 November 2007 | Views [459] | Comments [1]

This is the second time i'm posting this, because i accidentally closed the window.

Today is a rest day - it's so wonderful, my aching bdy is tingling from the fact that it can sit. First of all, i got a half-hour sleep in the morning (to be woken by the wonderful, bird like sounds of an's "nic! nic!" outside my door... ha ha.. love ya). Then we had a lecture - but instead of traipsing through paris, standing on our feet and walking all morning, it was in beautiful, soft, comfy chairs. I seriously would have stayed in them forever. The lecture finished at 10.30 am, so now we have free time until midday, and then we have a lecture in paris in the afternoon by someone who is not sylvia! After than, we're planning on going to the latin quartier - an said she saw really good boots there yesterday when i went to the Louvre, and i really need some good boots - i don't have any, always borrowing from mum and bess, though i won't buy any unless they are perfect. If i get them, i'll just throw all of the rest of my shoes here out when i need to pack for the plane - they're getting pretty wrecked.

I'm going to take this chance to reply to some comments.

Aunty J:
thanks aunty J! i'm glad your kids can benefit from the photos... we spent a lot of time talking about the different sculptors who made the decorations, which is probably useless to the kids, but it was absolutely amazing. All the pictures in the world cannot compare to the real thing - i'm finding that more and more, every time we go somewhere magnificent my photos can never capture even a fraction of that wonderful-ness :P
is gus enjoying himself? exchange is such a different experience to a holiday... i'm sure he'll come back speaking fluent german! xx

Dad:
I'm presuming that i will receive photos, maybe even a mini-video (please!) of jed soon, so thank yoU! I hope he's not being too much of a naughty boy... i imagine him harassing the dogs is his adolescent naughtiness kicking in. I love him so much... i miss him so. Please don't spoil him - otherwise mummy will be the bad one denying him things when he gets back. Try not to get him too fat.

My love to all.

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Hi Nic, your writings make me laugh (and envious) as you describe the absolute joy this holiday brings. Hope Gus is finding this as wonderful too. He had a tour of Ingolstadt on Tuesday and I think today they were going to the Audi factory, and Friday is Munich. Next week is Berlin. He only spends weekends with the family for the first three weeks while he travels, then his teacher goes home and they stay with family and do whatever together. He will have Christmas with them and Boxing Day with the grandparents. Then school again. Fun!!! The photos are just great. If you go back to Louvre on a free day, find the Seasons paintings by Archimboldo. They are in a gallery on the way to mini Mona. All made of fresh seasonal produce and depicting a person's face.
Take care. Bisous

  aunty J Nov 29, 2007 10:06 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.