Existing Member?

Nick's Travel Journal

Hollywood, Santa Monica etc

USA | Monday, 27 October 2008 | Views [179]

Another day in Hollywood!

Got up earlyish because I am trying to get my body clock sorted out and it seems to be working! So I was up at 730. Had some HORRENDOUS coffee from the complimentary bar downstairs. Never again. Finished off some leftover pita wrap from last night for breakfast which was great!

So I decided id go on a tour today so I walked down tot Grumans Chinese theatre to see what time the tour went. Turns out it didn't leave until 1230. It was only ten when i got there so I decided I'd go to the farmers market and the Grove.

So the Grove turns out not to be the discount paradise I thought it was, but it is such a coooool shopping centre. It's all outdoors - so fun! There was a musical fountain - I'll try to get a video up. 

So I bought some clothes (no free tshirts) and shoes. Also got some stuff from Crate & Barrel for christmas presents. Heap of other stuff too including some posters i really liked! The markets looked great for food and things, cafes etc but I didn't feel like lunch so i just had coffee and a sandwich from Starbucks!

So i came back to the hotel to dump all my bags and went out again, this time to Santa Monica boulevard. AS i was walking down the road this guy starts chatting to me. He introduced himself to me as Mystic (interesting) and shook my hand. He was quite young and dressed well. So we were just chatting as we walked along. Must have walked about a kilometre before i said i was crossing the road. Then he tells me he's homeless and would be grateful for ny coins I might have. Sheesh. I didn't give him any!

So i waked up and down the boulevard and spotted the Pacific Design Centre. Really cool place. MOCA is there too so I went in. THis museum is like SO small! Tiny! ANyhow I bought a statue sculpture of the famous LOVE sculpture. Very nice!

Sore feet set in so i made my way back to the hotel, stopping at Whole Foods to get some water.

SO now I am back at the Hotel and it's about 6. I'm heading out to get some authentic pizza for dinner then go for a wander round in the night to see LA at night. 

About nickmc


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.