Existing Member?

What am I doing It's all fun and games till Annette faints and Carlyn gets her pants slashed... who am I kidding, it's still fun

My own unique smell

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 30 October 2007 | Views [850]

So I´ve given up... broken down... it all started with the jeans, now I´m buying shirts.

It´s just that now I´m in a city, Buenos Aires.  It´s actually quite a nice city and people seem to care about what they look (and smell like) and I´ve found that since I´m going to be here for a somewhat extended period of time, I should probably do the same. 

Unfortunately, at some point in my journey my backpack picked up its own unique scent/odor.  I think it is a combination of my hikingboots mixed with a wool sweater I bought the 3rd day (and have yet to launder-it´s wool, I don´t know how to deal with that... and no, i haven´t warn it in weeks, its just been tainting my other clothes) and of course there was that day I ran out of clean socks and chose to wear my sneakers without any (horrible decision... they now have unfortunately picked up a smell, similar to, but milder than -thank god- my climbing shoes... yeah, pretty bad) and then i think my backpack its self has obtained a variety of scents from all the fun places its been stored/thrown/stashed.  Add to that the fact that the smell from the machu picchu treck just never really left, mix it all together and its, well, earthy (and not in a good way.)

So basiclly, even if i break down and pay to get my clothes professionally washed (hand washing in the sink only gets them so clean... yes they look clean, no, they do not smell clean) usually i´m changing locations fairly soon, so my newly washed, bright smelling clothes, then get packed in a not so bright smelling backpack and emerge unbelieveabley wrinkled, but also with a new vague odor associated with them. 

All I want is to really feel clean.  So, I´ve given up.  I´m going shirt shopping.  This should result in a clean shirt, factored this into the laundry I¨m doing today and i may for the first time in weeks have a completley clean ensemble. I may buy some new soap too... 

And well, frankly, I´d like to look nice for once in 2 months.  It´s not like I have make up, or can really do my hair or anything like that, but I would like to beable to go out to a restaurant and not look and smell like I just rolled off a mountain.

So, I´m headed to Ave. Florida to do a little shopping and maybe I´ll stop into a heladeria and pick up an icecream on the way. 

Tags: Shopping

About netsy19

My new smuggler friend on the bus... those weren´t really Cs

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.