Existing Member?

On The Move What's 'appenin on the other side of the world!!

Quick Round Up

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 5 September 2005 | Views [946]

How's things up and over there...The summer must be startin to slip through your fingers by now, BAH!!, but that's all good for me. Means the weather is starting to migrate to the south!! Fantastic!!
 
 
Not a whole lot goin on over here, Left Queenstown about a week ago.It's a grand town, but not a place to live or work. The population is always moving on somewhere, it's really only a stopover town. Anyone I talked to there hated the place because they never really got to know anyone.
 
 So headed for Dunedin. The All Blacks were playing the Spring Bokkes and managed to blag tickets at half price..The match was fairly good, but the Kiwi fans are rubbish, really quite!!No singing or chanting, the only noise they make is to BOO the ref and the players (even their own).  Me and Ois were not committing to supporting any team, so when asked we just said we weren't sure weather to support the All Bokkes or the Spring Blacks!! The South African fans were a good laugh though!
 
So stayed there for a few days and meet a lad from Slough (just outside London) who we'd seen about the country.. Everyone he meet was a "Geezer"!! Stayed there a few days and read alot, no tv in the hostel, so it was a nice relaxed place!!! It's a big student town, but not a very nice place. Students really only have clicky groups, so it's not the friendliest for places. The plan was to head to Christchurch anyway, and Mark (Slough boy), was flying out of here, so gave him a lift up, and here Me and Ois are now..
 
So been in Christchurch now for  5 days or so....Oisin is still about, he's lookin for a job here too..We didn't get anymore boardin in in Queenstown, but Mt.Hutt is just over an hour away, so I hope to get a bit more in before the end of the season..
 
that's the score of late, I'll probably be in Christchurch now for a couple of months, maybe even Christmas too, be no plans laid in concrete. I think Ois will probably head to Oz about November too...he really wants to see Santa surfing and to be able to say he had shrimps on the barby on christmas day!!
 
Sounds like the Bluegrass was good alright, got a mail from David, he and his neighbours and their neighbours seemed to have a good one....
That's great your off to Prague, it's ment to be a beautiful city..I just realised, your off today!! Have an amazing time....just lookin at the weather there, very nice, hot at the end of the week though...but I'm sure yourself and Jackie will surive!!! Enjoy the trip..
 
and that's the Neill Mac Cann progress and plan....
 
Take care, hello to everyone there and I'll talk to you soon...
 
All my love.....xxxxxx

Tags: On the Road

About neill


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.