Existing Member?

On The Move What's 'appenin on the other side of the world!!

The Old Bus Story

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 24 September 2005 | Views [861]

Hi All,
 
Presume ye heard about the van by now..Some f#*ker robbing my beloved bus!!
 
Well, here's what happened....
We were outside the hostel having a ciggy and we saw this bloke, very dodgy looking - but didn't say anything. Not a good thing to go shooting the mouth off, but had a bad feeling when I saw him. Later on, we were about  to go and meet one of the girls from home in town. So Oisin went up to the room to change clothes. He came back down and said his rucksack and backpack were both gone. So we went to reception and the bloke there didn't seem to give a toss...we found Oisins rucksack in one of the shower rooms, whoever had it just went through it and found nothing of use, so it got dumped...Only then did I hit me to check the van - GONE!! He must have gone through Ois' backpack and found the van key, I can only presume he went out and tried all the hiace vans in the carpark. Mine started!! We rang the cops, but they did sod all till today. So I've been on the phone all day sorting that out..
 
The girls at reception saw the bloke last night walking out, thought he looked dodgy, so they followed him - but nothing came of that..they did notice the bag and it looked like Oisins..
They got him on camera walking out of the place, so the cops came today to get the tape. Not much I can do besides wait now and see what happens....
 
I didn't lose much, I only had a few bits of clothes, but my rucksack was in the van (I've been living out of a plastic box for the last while - easer to move from van to hostel!). So that's all I really lost..Poor Oisin had his passport and drivers licence in the van, so he's got to go and sort out all that stuff now....
 
At least we had already decided to stay around Christchurch for a while, it would be a lot worse if we had planed to head off soon or made plans to meet up with people....'
As Oisin said today - you hear of this sort of thing happening all teh time, it's just this time it was our turn! At the end of the day (as the gaffer said) no one was hurt, it was not our doing, the bus was insured and I've never had a car nicked one me before - so another experience!!! To be honest, myself and Oisin spent the first part of the day really fed up, but by the afternoon we could do nothing but laugh.....What can you do - that's life!!!
Another gilr in the hostel got her phone and some t-shirts nicked too, so maybe he's a cross-dressing thief...
 
So that's the story. It's no longer.. 'some one I meet in Dunedin had their van nicked.....' kind of things...now it'll be someone else saying 'I meet these two Irish boys in Christchurch who....'
 
There ye have it, I'll keep ye up to date if anything changes or if I find out anything in the next while.......talk to ye all soon....
Big Love....xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tags: Lost!

About neill


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.