Existing Member?

On The Move What's 'appenin on the other side of the world!!

Queenstown to Christchurch

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 2 September 2005 | Views [1089]

Hello, Hello, Hello,
 
How's tings up and over there a bit??
 
What have I been up to???? Well last I wrote I was in Queenstown, I spent about 10 days there, lookin for work, snow and pubs!! Not in that order though..It's some little party town, the only place I've been in this country that's busy every night. We got there before all the folks we've meet on the way around the country, so there was a constant stream of people we knew in the place..Did a couple of days up the Remarkables too, startin to get the hang of it now, but I've gotta get some more boardin in soon - the season is nearly at an end. All the locals have been sayin this is the worst winter for snow in years - so lucky I'm only learnin, 'cos I have no clue!! But I do know ice F#@KIN HURTS!!! Ois and a couple of the lads did the thrillogy, 3 bungys, but there was no chance in hell I was doin them, so I've been tryin to live that down..Anyone I talked to who worked in Queenstown hated the place 'cos it is so hard to meet people there. Everyone who goes there is just passin through, spendin a couple of days at a time. But Queenstown is not a place for work, too expensive to live, so got outta there after all our mates had passed through..
 
Headed to Dunedin for NZ versus South Africa rugby match. Me and Ois managed to get tickets.The atmosphere, if you could even call it that, was shit!! No-one sings, shouts ar chants..the only noise they make is to boo the players or the ref (that's the only thing in common with soccer). The Kiwis clame they don't make noise at matches because they know so much about rugby, they just sit back and take in the beautiful game...bull!! they're just crap fans who'd crap themselves at a GAA match!!
The South Africans were nuts though, so at least we had a laugh with them..
 
Did the Speights brewary tour too, we were trying to beat one of the lads records of sinking 9 free boozes at the tasting at the small glasses, only got 8 then they kicked us out ("another tour on the way" was their official press release - bastards!!). So more piss taking by the lads, with me and Ois on the receiving end..
Mark has been buzzing around with us in the van for a while, it's good to have some one else in the bus. It livens things up a bit, you know how it is when goin around with one person, you can't keep telling the same stories..But meself and Horse Box (Oisins name, given to him by a Dublin taxi driver in a hostel in Auckland) are gettin on grand, no proper fights or anything yet...He's thinking of headin to Oz in November or so, but no plans set in concrete yet...
 
So in Christchurch now, got here yesterday and Mark is flying out tomorrow, a few scoops will have to be had tonight..and on the job trail on Monday. I'll probably stay here for a few months, it's handy to get to Mt.Hutt for a bit of snow, and it has the longest season too...
 
I broke me the screen on me camera too, so I was takin it easy on the finances till I found out how much it was gonna cost to fix. I've been a bit reluctant to do stuff with out me camera too, but I got it back today...Way Hay...
 
Well, that's all me news really...
 
I can't believe the candlelight is gone!! God knows what will be there by the time I get back to the Deise...When are ye off to Rome?? Who's going all together??  i'm well jealous about Electric Picnic, that's one thing I miss down here - the music scene is rubbish!! I'd love to see The Arcade Fire too, the album is wicked..The Flaming Lips are ment to be amazing live too...So the two little ones are growing up, I personally think that's the best direction for them to grow!!
 
Say hello to all the folks back in the home land, and I'll leave you with a weird fact I heard last night......there are 44million people in the world with Irish/dual irish passports!!! Christ - I hope they don't all decide to move home 'cos the country would sink!!!
 
Till next time.....Ta Da...
xxxxxxxx
\r\n
 
",1] ); D(["mb","
",1] ); D(["mb","

\r\n\t\t


How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos. Get Yahoo! \r\nPhotos\r\n

",0] ); D(["ce"]); D(["ms","2b"] ); //-->

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

About neill


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.