Existing Member?

nazarshowing The more you see - the less you know

It doesn't mean we're lost! (c)

GERMANY | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [311]

This trip took place some years ago, when I came to Germany to visit my friend. We came to many places that time, including Berlin, Erfurt and some other cities and towns in the East of Germany. I must say that every journey of mine has a single trip, which has words: "Oh, I think, we're lost"... And that was it.

So, we came to Eisenach in order to visit the Wartburg castle. As far as I remember, Elizabeth of Hungary lived here. Besides, according to a legend, Martin Luther fought the devil here. I think there are a lot of other mystic stories connected to this place... And probably I can add another one :)

We got to Eisenach by train, and on our way there it started snowing. Show was falling and falling without going to stop. There was too much snow, and at that time we got to the city, buses stopped going to Wartburg, too. We decided to get there on our own. And we started walking.

It was really mysterious - to step into this lonely forest, very still and snowy. It seemed to me at that moment - we're alone here, just we and this white snow. We continued walking despite it was really hard to get on the top of the mountain. And we reached it in thirty minutes. Though it seemed to us that we were lost. The road was the same all the time, and we couldn't see the top of the mountain. Maybe, if the weather was better on that day, we could meet other people or even cars. But not that day. Definitely.

The castle looked (and was, I'm sure) mysterious. It was lost in fog, and I felt like I was in "Beaty and the Beast" - one step in, and these giant gates will lock me and my friend inside. Forever. But it didn't happen, of course :) We came in instead and heard medieval music and saw some white doves sitting in a special cage. It was foggy so we couldn't see landscapes of the valleys andn forest laying down there. But anyway, it was worth seeing this magical fog around the castle.

It was time to get back to Jena. We went down the mountain following our steps and the route we'd created on our own. Do you remember that I told you about mystical stories? It's not about fog. When we were walking down to the town, we saw giant steps of an animal following our steps on the snow. These animal was too big to be a dog and, besides, there were no any other steps of a human, except of ours.

Are we lost? No, we are safe and fascinated with enchanted forest and the Castle :) Maybe that was a magical wolf who saved us and helped to reach the castle... But who knows, who knows... :)

Tags: castles, europe, we are lost

 

About nazarshowing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.